Covid 19 And Grassroots Football
We have been made aware that spot checks are being carried by Local Authorities and Facility Managers.
We do feel that this will intensify moving forward, so it is particularly important that we do all we can to demonstrate best practice and ultimately provide a safe environment for our football..
Our feeling is that we are currently on a knife edge and we need to do everything that we can to avoid a further suspension of the game. The Government is keen for outdoor sport to continue at the moment but only if we can prove that we can do this safely, mitigating the risk of further infection.
With this in mind could I ask you all to ensure you do all you can to assist. This begins with insisting that we only have one supporter per player in attendance at matches. I know there is a temptation to turn up as we used to and it was evident on Sunday that some teams have reverted back to allowing more parents to attend than should. This inevitably leads to grouping at the side of the pitch and is really unfair on teams who are following the guidance. We must insist that parents remain socially distanced at all times with our appointed Respect Marshalls ensuring this is adhered too.
We will be checking “Test and Trace” paper registers on Sunday across all centres to ensure the numbers registered match the allowed numbers – please don’t put us in the position where we have to ask supporters to leave the venue to sit in their car.
The new QR codes will be on display if people want to try this system – you just need to download the nhs covid-19 app onto your smartphone.
Also, please ensure the following:
- Do not attend if you or anyone at home has a temperature, a new persistent cough or a loss or change in sense of taste or smell.
- Competitive match play is permitted but social distancing is to be adhered to before and after matches.
- Supporters, parents and other spectators should follow social distancing rules.
- Spectator groups must be restricted to local and national gathering limits .
- Players and officials should sanitise hands before, during and after games.
- Team managers should wear gloves and Mask when the enter the field of plat to treat players.
- Only travel with those in your family bubble.
- Please take all litter with you.
- Be respectful of other users of the Park or Playing Fields
Thank you for everything that you are doing to get the game back onto its feet during these tough times.